RC electric gliders in a form of F5K models have gained a lot of popularity in recent times thanks to the compact size and great performance they provide.
The only drawback of the most molded carbon F5K gliders is their high price point.
Maverick is here to change this!
It is a full-house 1.5-meter balsa kit that you can build yourself in a workshop and join your local F5K competition!
A Kit Contains
– All balsa and plywood parts
– A colored 1:1 scale assembly plan
– Accessories pack that includes wing mounting bolts, nuts, pushrod material, GF control horns, pull-cables, torsion spring material, etc.
– Carbon tubes and rods required for assembly.
Covering film and 2x 450mm+ JR-style servo extensions are not included and should be purchased separately.
For more details and building tips, please check an RCGroups thread on Maverick
A Potrable RC Electric Glider
Maverick features a 3-piece wing with a central section and removable wingtips. The Fuse is one piece with a classic cross tail that is also fully removable.
So, you can take your glider apart and pack it for easy transportation or storage.
Wing Area: 25.2 sq. dm
Tailplane Area: 2.7 sq. dm
Airfoil: AG45ct mod
Dihedral Angle: 2° & 6°
Flying weight: ~300g
Controls: Elevator, Rudder, Ailerons, Flaps, Throttle
Skill level: Intermediate
Flight style: Thermal hunting and F5K competitions
- 2x 450mm+ servo extensions with JR-style connectors for installation into the central wing section
- TATTU R-Line 550mAh 2S 7.4V 95C 2S1P, CNHL 450mAh 2S 7.6V HV 70C, or similar
- 6x JX DPI DHV56MG/TGY D56MG or KST X06
- T-Motor F1507 3800kv or a similar outrunner
- 30mm or 25mm Spinner and 6×3 folding prop
- HAKRC BLHeli_32 35A 2-5S ESC
- 7-Channel (possible 6Ch + 1 SBUS Ch) receiver
- Radio Tx with electric glider programming features
Wing Camber settings are described in detail in the assembly guide.
|Maverick F5K Control Throws and Camber Settings|
|CG||85-87 mm from wing leading edge|
|Elevator||“Touch-the-boom” down, ~13mm up|
|Ailerons||12mm up & 12mm down|
|Ail-to-Flap Mix||6mm up & 6mm down|
|Launch & Speed||Flat bottom of the wing airfoil|
|Cruise||Flat top of the wing airfoil|
|Thermal 1||3mm down from Cruise|
|Thermal 2||5mm down from Cruise|
|Brakes (Ailerons)||~45°down/20°up for crow|